Welcome! We're looking forward to talking with you. Before we schedule your appointment, we'd like to ask a couple questions about how we can help you.
What's your first name?

What's your last name?

When is your birthday?

Note the American format.
Which best describes your situation?

Often, one of the first questions we receive concerns the cost of U.S. tax return preparation. We'll ask for some basic information to help us provide an estimate for you.

Why do you need to file a U.S. non-resident income tax return?

Please provide some more information about the reason for filing a U.S. non-resident tax return.

How do you support yourself?

Did you file a U.S. tax return last year?

Why didn't you file a U.S. income tax return last year?

Last year, did you use the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (Form 2555)?

Last year, did you use Foreign Tax Credits (Form 1116) to offset U.S. income tax?

Did you file a FATCA form last year?

Do you receive income from rental property?

Do you have investment income (stock dividends, capital gains, losses)?

Would you like us to prepare a Foreign Bank Account Report for you?

You may need to file a Foreign Bank Account Report if the total of all your financial accounts outside the U.S. exceeds $10,000.  We can help you determine whether you are required to file this report.
Are you married?

Is your spouse a U.S. citizen or a Green Card holder?

Do you plan to file a joint U.S. income tax return with your spouse?

Pick one: my spouse is

Does your spouse need to file a Foreign Bank Account Report?

Do you own or have stock in a foreign corporation?

Would you please say some more about your ownership interest in the foreign corporation or stock?

For example, you have invested in a foreign corporation's stock. Or you're a business person who formed a corporation.
For this tax year, do you plan to use the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion?

When you live and work outside the U.S., the U.S. tax code may allow you to exclude about $105,000 from taxation on the assumption you're paying taxes where you live.  This tax rule has some specific requirements. We'll help you figure out if you qualify for the exclusion.
For this tax year, do you think you'll need to use foreign tax credits to reduce U.S. taxes?

Typically, foreign tax credits are used by people who earn more than USD $105,000 a year or who have investment income. The calculations are complex.
In which country do you live?

{{answer_40663676}}, when did you begin living in {{answer_40668021}}?

Do you file a tax return in {{answer_40668021}}?

Which tax years do you need to file?

What questions can we help you with?

Do you have any other questions or special circumstances we should know about before your appointment?

Please provide your phone number, including country code. *

How did you hear about us? We'd like to know whom to thank.

The next step is to schedule an appointment. After finishing this worksheet, you can look at my appointment calendar for a convenient time.  We meet with people in person in The Hague, over the telephone, or through an internet conference called Zoom.
I look forward to talking with you soon.

Christine Dahl